
On April 6th we headed to the Brazilian Consulate to get Evie's Brazilian citizenship and passport. We got there with no problem...the location is awesome, right off of the highway. As we got there I was very surprised by the number of babies in the waiting area, They were all babies with both parents being Brazilian. I was the only Caucasian American in the entire place. I felt like I was back in Brazil. We waited for only a short period of time before we were called back..which I must say is impressive for Brazilians. Surprisingly, Enzo and I had brought all the paperwork needed to Evie's documents. I am always afraid that we are forgetting something important and that we would have to go back. Well actually we did forget one thing but it didn't hinder Evie from getting her documents...Enzo and I never registered our marriage in Brazil which causes all of Evie's Brazilian paper work to have my maiden name on it instead of my married name. It isn't that big of a deal because now all we need to do is go register our marriage in Brazil and then just have her Brazilian birth certificate changed. Oh and I must say, I have never seen such a cute passport! The picture on it is her little 4 week old face smiling! Even if something happens to where she didn't use it is it still will be such a sweet memory!
1 comment:
Being on time is definitely impressive for the Brazilian Consulate! Glad everything went smoothly. We went to the American Consulate in Sao Paulo to get Dawson's BC and Passport, now we need to get his Brazilian Passport....then we're done. Whew!
Post a Comment