Sunday, November 22, 2009

Evie's First Christmas - Countdown

It's not even Thanksgiving yet, but we are already looking forward to Christmas. Yesterday Paige started decorating the house while I put the Christmas tree up.

We are so excited Evie is here with us this year to celebrate her first Christmas! She brought a lot of "firsts" that bring joy to our lives: first cry, first night at home just the three of us, first smiles, first mumblings, first belly laughs, first dah-dah, dah-dee and mah-mah... and now the first time we celebrate Christ's birth together, as a family. I am now a first-time daddy and at times like these I know God is looking after me because He has given me a wonderful family to celebrate special moments with... for as long as I live... :)

It is also exciting to think that maybe next year my mom will also be here having the first good Christmas of her life.

1 comment: