Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Changwon, great time / Changwon, experiencia boa

Like all my other blogs, this one is just a draft.. stream of consciousness without any editing...

Yesterday was our second day at Chanwon (city in the South of South Korea, a 4-hour Bullet Train ride on KoRail).
After runnign into some problems with the installation of our program there I finally got it done.
I had a pleasant day at Changwon (Tuesday , January 9, 2007). The program worked. The teachers were teaching good classes. The students were having fun. Even laughing at how I greeted them “Hi”. And How I asked others what their names were. They were laughing and I asked why, the teacher said “The gils like you. And the boys are jealous”… hahaha… I had dinner at a nice restaurant with and his wife and kid. Sitting on the flooor we ate some good fried meat. On the train I was showing them my iPod, Dr. Lee liked it and was listening to it with me watching U2. We talked about science (chemistry and electreonic microscopes). His wife says I’m really intelligent (nothing new here ;) and wants to go to a karaoke bar with me (karaoke bars are like a fever here, they are places full of booths where you get in and close the door behind you, they have a sofa, TV and the karaoke machine..not like in Japan or China where you have a whole open area with the machines). I invited them to go to Atlanta for a visit. They liked the idea. Told them a lot about Brazil and its history, about the regions because they asked where to go first in Brazil, etc…

No comments: