Thursday I was scheduled to be at the hospital at 7:30AM. It ended up that the hospital was completely full and they told me they couldn't admit me. Ok so those are words you don't say to a 4 week pregnant woman... The doctor had decided to induce me because I was dilated at 4 cm for several weeks and it looked like I was going no where.
After begging and pleading and making up a story that I felt I was already in labor, the hospital admitted and e began the Pitocin at 2:30PM. At 7:30PM my water was broke and it all REALLY began. The contractions began to get unbearable and by 10:00 I finally had my epidural...
Oh and the epidural...I guess i had to much confidence in modern medicine but God had other plans. About 30 minutes after the epidural was placed in I noticed I could still lift my right leg and I still had sensation. I called the nurses desk and they said that was completely normal. So I allowed the contractions to worsen thinking I should at least feel some of the pain. BY midnight I was NOT happy. I looked at Enzo and Mom and told them to get the doctor quick she was coming and I felt EVERYTHING. Sure enough the doctor came in and I was dilated at 10cm. The epidural was not working at all and I really think there is no pain greater than what I felt. I began pushing as soon as the doctor checked for dilation and I pushed till 2:06AM. I knew something was wrong with the epidural when I could turn around and flip myself, lift both legs, etc.. and I think everyone in the room knew how I felt about it as well!
But thank God for 2:06AM! Words cannot express the emotions felt during a time like this. It is an amazing miracle that God allows us to partake in. If you are an unbeliever in miracles you need to watch a baby being brought into the world!
4 comments:
AMEN! So glad Evie is here, healthy, and perfect! Congratulations!
Congrats!!!! She's precious! So sorry the epidural didn't work. Mine didn't either the 1st time, and when the Dr. came back to try again, he had to poke me 7 times to get it to finally work, and I was thankful it did. Sorry you were in so much pain, but you did a great job....YOU DID IT!
Thank God she came home "bonita e corada" like my friend's father would often say.
.
I have to mention how glad I feel to be a black-uncle-alike (in the same fashion of a "look alike" person) to this of God's good blessings to Silva-Hall family!
.
It is also valid to mention that NEVER in life I saw a pretty newborn baby. Until NOW!
SHE'S DEFINITELY AMAZING - just like Pop Enzo said - AN AS KARLA JUST SAID HERE 2 SECS AGO:
"May God keep blessing her and casting light all over her ways in life. She's gonna be so beautiful as Paige!" (Something I do agree with!)
It's also the very first time I heard about an epidural that didnt work, I'm sorry for that, but (as it already finished) one could say you had the baby the traditional way, just like our ancient fathers (from the Bible) - Rather painful, but yet, glorious!
Our congrats to Ma&Pa!
Post a Comment