October 6, 2009 it finally happened. We made it to see the show together... reminding us that God had in mind for us all along to be together on his timing not ours. If we only knew what was in store for us! Bono has a song that has been inspired by Psalm 40. Here is a portion of the song that reminds Enzo and I of our life together. Let's give a toast to the one we sing it to.
Psalm 40
I waited patiently for the Lord
And He inclined to me and heard my cry
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction
Out of the miry clay
And He set my feet upon a rock, making my footsteps firm
He put a new song in my mouth
A song of praise to our God
Many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord
On a side note, our tickets were VIP. Before the show we had a private party and then we headed to our seats. Our seats were nice. They were 11th row and you could see Jeff Foxworthy with his family on row 10. Enzo, the German groupie guy that we met, and I all headed down to the front to see the view from 1st row. When we got there there was this couple who were smiling on the front row. They were so excited because when they got there a man walked up to them and handed them 1st row tickets. There was also another lady that was with them that was also given a free ticket. Enzo asked them how they got so lucky and I said for them to get us if the rest of the row never filled up. I never thought they would actually come and get us. People normally don't think of others like that. As soon as the first song begun the girl ran up to our row and insisted we sat with them. Ahhhh! We ran down right before some other guys got it. So glad there are people like that girl. She had happiness and she insisted on sharing it. At the end of the last song I looked down and there was Wynona Judd. Wow. Almost perfect night... just didn't meet Bono ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment