Sunday, November 06, 2005

Boxes

I don't want this to turn into a religous revolt either...but can you believe that since I have been away from a church God has not left me but given me love through unexpected ways and people. I hate to say this and I don't know why but people who don't love Christ have been helping me so much lately. They have never heard of loving people because they are suppose to, they just do. I am not saying I should not go back to church because I definately need that too. I am just amazed at how God uses the least likely people in my life. They are people with no training and definately aren't doing it to get something out of a poor girl like me. Maybe I just have too high expectations of people who are believers. So I say all this not to offend anyone, but to encourage all of us to quit expecting each other to be something we aren't and to love people for who they are. Their ideas, their theology, their political preferences might sound ridiculous to you but who knows...as Steve Brown says (and this is not a direct quote!), "We are going to be surprised at whose in heaven, even a democrat might be up there!" I am laughing as I write that, because it is so true. We need to quit putting things in so many daggum boxes. Lay aside your formula because honestly I bet God laughs at how we think things ought to be. Quit fighting for oursleves to be right and instead simply speak truth. The rest will follow. That's a big thing I am learning with this whole visa situation. Put aside my anger and focus on the task at hand. Can you believe that even some of these immigration officers will be in heaven! Seriously! God loves them too! Sorry, I just had a Steve Brown moment (for those of you who don't know who Steve Brown is, you should read some of his books).

OK ok ok...I think I have sparked enough people for tonight. Between me and Enzo, it will be amazing if we have any friends left after reading our blogs. I can't say that I love each and everyone of you who are reading our blog because well I have no idea who is reading this. However, you know if I love you. I don't need to say it. Also... we welcome your comments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do love you guys. Regardless of what box you may be in or out of.

Paige said...

I bet our box says "handle with care" on it:)