Well, February 8th was the day for me to get my medicals.
The doctor's appointment was at 9am. There's only one office in Belo Horizonte that has an agreement with the Consulate so I didn't really have a choice on where I wanted to go.
It's downtown, very easy to get there. I got there.
The doctor was an about-40-year-old woman. Geez, Why couldn't it have been a man? She asked me a lot of questions like "Have you ever gotten a tattoo?" or "Do you smoke?" etc... She then took me into a room. Why was the air-conditioning turned on so high? I was freezing and she said she wanted me to be only on my underwear. :0
She weighed me and all, then asked me to lay on a bed and started to get my blood pressure. Then she asked me to open my mouth, put my tongue out and say "Ahhhh.." I said "Ehhhh", i guess that was close..
At this point I was relieved, thinking "Yeah, she won't ask for it"...and then it happened. "Enzo, I have to take a look at your GLANDS, please pull down your underwear so I can see it!!!" That was embarassing! But she looked and said "Good, everything is fine..." I thought: "I know!..."
After I left the office, I went to some labs nearby to get blood tests and a chest X-ray.
The doctor's appointment plus the exams cost around U$ 115.
Yesterday I went there to get the results and two shots that were missing on my vaccination card and took them all to the doctor to analyze and put it in the top-secret envelope that I'll have to take to the Consulate's Office in Rio.
The shots cost me around U$35 more...
Well, y'all can see everything is falling into place and yesterday I got the letter from Rio confirming the interview will be on March 6 (information we already had gotten through email).
Paige already posted the dates for the wedding and the reception here and I hope all of our friends can come!
Please keep praying,
ENZO...
Friday, February 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Enzo and Paige, I stumbled across your blog through Orkut and after reading all your posts, I decided I had to write.
Making a long story short, my wife and I met online 9 years ago. I was born and raised in Minas Gerais, she is from Ohio. We met in person in July/97, got engaged. I had to go back to Brazil to finish high school (yes, we're that young). The 5 months apart literally almost killed us. December/97 I was back for another visit to the States. During this visit, we discussed what our next step would be. Should I return to Brazil and go through the whole Fiancee Visa process? We finally decided we couldn't take another separation so we planned to get married. May 16, 1998 was the date. We've been married for nearly 8 years now and have two beautiful daughters, ages 6 and 1.
So I guess the message I am trying to send is, no, it's definitely not easy being apart. But hang in there, it'll be worth it.
And to Enzo, the first year away from family and friends is the toughest. However, always remember that true love can overcome any obstacle.
I wish you two all the best.
-- Mauricio
Post a Comment