I now understand women who give birth and they didn't even realize they are pregnant. Before being pregnant I never would have made this statement but now I see. Sometimes I even forget that I am pregnant. I have to remind myself everytime I want that diet coke or glass of red wine. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't felt bad at times but nothing that would make me think I am pregnant. Someone asked me the other day how I knew I was pregnant...I told them I just knew. I took about 6 pregnancy test that ALL said it was negative. I didn't feel sick or any other main symptoms you can find on all pregnancy websites. I just knew. After all 6 test came back negative I told myself I was going crazy and I said no more test because I was going to end up spending our savings on them!!!! Finally weeks later I gave up again and made myself take just one...then I knew I wasn't crazy. I ended up taking 6 more test at that point because I was in shock! hahaha!!
2nd trimester really makes me wonder if I really am growing a baby inside of me. For those of you who knew me in college you know I had a tumor growing on my back..and it was huge! It's kinda scary to think I can grow a human being inside and not feel a thing...imagine all the other things going on in our body that we have no idea. I guess that's where trust comes in. Knowing that God has and will take care of me. There are so many things we have no control over and creating a human is definitely one of them. We pray that this child will be healthy but when it comes down to it we also know to fear God and that things happen.

So in a nutshell...not much is going on during my 16th week up date! Some people have asked for belly pictures and honestly you wouldn't be able to tell much difference. You would just think I had gained a lot of weight. ;)
The picture I am putting on here is of a baby at 16 weeks in the uterus.
2 comments:
Baby Silva, this is Aunt Heather. It looks like its about time for you to start kicking your mommy now, just don't kick too hard. Just a little nudge every now and again- but no elbows!
I think we're due just a few days apart! I haven't felt much yet, but in about 2-3 weeks, we'll be feeling all sorts of kicks. That's the best part of being pregnant. Then you actually "feel" pregnant and not just like you're getting fat. :) Remember, the weight is for a very good reason!!
Post a Comment