
For the past however many so years I have been told that in ministry one should focus primarily on choosing leaders so that those leaders in turn will choose other leaders. This creating a radical cycle that will impact the world with the Gospel. I must admit is a great idea. As many of you know I am a Special Ed. teacher. My days consist of sorting colors, doing simple addition problems, and viewing the world through the eyes of not only a child but one who is significantly below average intelligence. One student particularly, Lucy (this is not really her name but for privacy reasons I will call her this), has changed my life forever. At first glance she is not what I have been taught is a leader. She has down syndrome and probably will need help from people the rest of her life. But ironically, people love this child. I have never seen a child so loved before in my life. She walks into a room and people are drawn to her. I started thinking about how she could have more followers than I have ever dreamed of having. Why is this? It is as simple as the fact that she has been stripped of all but love. She cares for people and she loves you no matter what you look like, what kind of education you may have, how many possesions you own, etc... I went to a conference a while ago and it was talking about leaders and changing the world for Christ. The speakers were all CEOs and businessmen. There were no teachers, no cubicle employees, and certainly no Wal MArt or McDonald's workers. After meeting Lucy, she has changed my life forever on who I need to spend my time with. People like her are the leaders of our future.
Anywho, more updates on me and Enzo...still no news on the visa. I went to a party yesterday with my family it was really cute because there was one empty spot at the table and my mom said that seat is reserved for Enzo. She really loves him. She constantly brags about his ligustic abilities.About every 5 minutes during the party someone would come up to me and ask when he will arrive in the States. My dad was observing my reaction and then told me that I just need to make up a day to satisfy everyone. He said they will probably forget anyways. hehehe...So we came up with this...he will be arriving in the USA Feb 12th and we will be getting married on Apr.3rd. It has been great living at home because my parents have in a little way have been experiencing this with me. Dad's in shock at how many times a day I answer those questions.
On Saturday I am beginning to build my own nest. I will be living right off of HWY 575 in Avonlea Apartments (www.avonleaattownelake.com). Enzo and I have discussed how we really would love for our friends to come and stay with us. So think about!
1 comment:
Paige, I share a bit of your "blue-collar" burden for the lost. Sometimes I wonder how those farmers between the Alabama-Georgia line, or the sharecroppers here in rural (and I mean RURAL) Brazil will ever truly become disciples of Christ. But one thing I am sure of is that just like you were taught and encouraged to be a leader, so now is your chance to see the fruit of that. Sure, leaders create other leaders, but also - leaders influence others in their lives. And, you Paige, are that leader in Lucy's life. Help her shine with the love of Christ, help her so that McDonald's workers, Special Ed students, Wal-Mart cashiers and Mall security workers will worship God in spirit and truth!
Post a Comment