Monday, October 10, 2005


Last night at church the speaker spoke on how our inadequacy is a great place to be. He talked about how him and his wife tried for years to have babies. They tried adoption and medical assistance but nothing came through for them. Finally he decided to quit being a sissy and stop praying for God's glory and pray for what he wanted. He quit with the jargon that had previously had taken control of his prayer life and became real. He prayed for 2 twin sons to come open for adoption. I think it was sometime that day or that week that he recieved a phone call from an adoption agency that said there were 2 twin sons that needed a family. The inadequacy of fertility was what brought him closer to God. He had no control and could do nothing to fix the situation. After church me, Carolyn, Allison, and their co-worker Leah went out for some Mexican. Allison asked me how things were going on the engagement and all I could do was think about the sermon I had just heard. We are in complete inadeqaucy. God has not equipped us to fix our situation. If He had, the problem would be long gone and we would be completely happy. Maybe God is telling us something. Another thing that was mentioned in the talk was Ex.14:21-22...21 "Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, 22 and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left." The speaker went on to talk about how weird that would be to walk through the sea like the Isralites did. It would be a complete trust issue as you walk through and know that at any minute the walls of water surrounding you could come tumbling down drowning you, your family, and your friends. I wonder if I am walking through a wall of water with nothing to help myself but just trusting God. If not, am I where I should be?

No comments: